Choosing the right location for your branding photoshoot is a vital part of the planning process.
Why Branding Photoshoot Location Matters
The right location will elevate your brand, set the tone and mood, and promote your messaging. It can also help you stand out and draw people to your brand.
But what exactly should you be looking for when it comes to location, and where do you even start? Here are some tips for determining the perfect place for your shoot.
Before you do anything, it’s essential to consider your brand’s style, image, messaging, and story to ensure that the location aligns and tells your story effectively. Choose someplace that matches your brand’s vibe and creates a cohesive connection between your products and messaging.
Weather and Seasonality
When planning an outdoor branding session, consider the weather and season.
First, if you plan to hold a photoshoot outside, have a backup plan in case the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Next, factor in the time of day. Different times of day offer distinct lighting conditions. Sunrise, midday, and sunset lighting can significantly impact the mood and feel of your photos.
The time of year also influences the suitability and availability of outdoor location choices. Factor in seasonal characteristics, such as colors and weather conditions, to choose the best outdoor backdrop for your brand.
Consider crowds. Taking pictures at a park when the tulips are blooming might mean others will be in the background if you can’t cordon off a private area.
Action shots from on-location Branding photoshoot
Cost is an important factor to consider when choosing a location. Determine your budget and explore options within your price range. If the place you have your heart set on is out of your price range, consider a shorter branding session or speak with your photographer for alternatives. Some locations may rent space hourly or have off-season or off-peak rates.
Be mindful that some places may require advanced notice or a permit, even if they are public spaces.
Consider how far in advance you will need to book the location. You might need to reserve a popular spot months in advance.
Branding photoshoot in action, on location
Tips For Choosing A Location
Some great location ideas for your branding photoshoot
- Outdoor spaces – parks, gardens, beaches, or quaint neighborhoods
- Co-working space
- Common meeting spaces – Often found in apartment complexes, co-working spaces, office buildings, and hotels
- Photography Studio
How To Narrow It Down If You Still Have No Idea Where To Have Your Photoshoot
- Think about the photos you gravitate towards and why you like them.
- Ask your photographer for recommendations or if they help scout locations.
- For inspiration, save images of places you love. If any locations are local, reach out to get more info.
- Let your props narrow down your location. For example, if you imagine pictures of yourself on a white sofa or preparing healthy food at a counter, then find a place with those props or ask your photographer for help.
- Separately, think of locations as a prop. For instance, a fitness brand could use park benches to demonstrate alternative workouts.
- If you know what you want but need help finding it, ask people on social media for help.
- Studios are often the perfect location. They can be decorated and staged in different ways. Check with your photographer to see if they have one or have access to one.
- Ask your photographer if they plan to have any on-location pop-up sessions in the near future that might work for you.
Posed pictures, updated from branding pop-up session on location
Selecting the right location for your branding photoshoot is essential for conveying the experience and emotions your audience will have when they engage with your brand, driving them to take action and reach out to you. With the right location, your brand photos will effectively communicate your brand’s messaging and leave a lasting impression on your audience.
Need help finding the perfect location? Ready to book your branding session? Reach out. I’d love to help!